Thursday, October 21, 2010

You can take the girl outta Texas...

...but you can't take the Texas outta the girl.

♫ There wouldn't be no Alamo,
No Cowboys in the Superbowl:
No "Lonesome Dove", no "Yellow Rose",
If it wasn't for Texas. - George Strait ♫

Something you will learn about me throughout these posts is that I am outspoken, opinonated, and I don't really give a crap what people think about me. I stand up for what I believe and I will always encourage Bug to voice his opinion with being able to understand and really listen to what other people are saying or trying to get across. I believe that you can fully be opinionated and outspoken, but still be respectful and willing to listen to what others say.

When you Remember the "Muslim" bombing of the World Trade Center (Twice)...Remember:

Remember the Christian bombing in OKC.
Remember the Christian bombing of the 1996 Olympics.
Remember the Christian bombings of the abortion clinics.
Remember the thousands of Christian lynchings of African Americans.
Remember the Christian ban of condoms in AIDS stricken Africa.
Remember the Christian bombing of an orphanage in Tripoli!
Remember the Christian bombing of an aspirin factory in Sudan!
Remember the Christian bombing of a wedding in western Iraq!
Remember the Christian CRUSADES!
Let's all just fight hate and intolerance, no matter what Religion it comes from.

Everyone has their own right to their opinion and your opinion can not be wrong. Just don't force me to believe what you believe especially when it comes to religion. No one gets to tell me what I believe, or don't believe, is wrong. I am not close minded, I am not racist, I support my LGBT community and I don't look down on someone who is different. I also don't tolerate people who are closeminded and can't accept people for who they are. I support gay marriage and I believe everyone should be treated EQUALLY in EVERY aspect of life, not just some and not the others.

Alright, so now that I'm off that soapbox...

Back to my favorite thing in the world!! BUG!

I am such a mean mother making him pose in a tree....

Before we had our weekly play date with Uncle Wade, Auntie Michelle, Baby Avery, and Uncle Scottie, Bug was helping me clean and he found his sunglasses. He wore them around the house. Both of them. At once.

Exhibit A...


He's a cute goofy kid and I love every moment of it!


Alright it looks like one of us is down for the count...guess that means it's my turn!



Until then, goodnight...

♫ Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain - Jo Dee Messina ♫

3 comments:

  1. That is a cute bug! Love how you always integrate the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE George Strait with all my heart... much like you and my Bug! :)

    Was this inspired by the political madness I mentioned I tangeld with Jay about yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you too Lovie! The part in the middle about fighting hate no matter where it comes from was actually posted by a friend of mine. But I'd love to see what Dookie and you were going back and forth about!

    ReplyDelete