Friday, October 22, 2010

Baking #FAIL

So yesterday I completely forgot to post about this, but I completely FAILED at my attempt to make banana nut muffins...oh so sad. The beauty of this was I was talking to Michelle while they were over for their play date and was mixing my ingredients and I'm going on and on about how long it's been since I've baked something...she looks at me and says, long enough that you have to stir your baking powder...? I look down and sure enough I am stirring it to break it up. Once I tasted the batter I just about spit it back out. The look on my face, I'm sure, said it all. I am so NOT winning Betty Crocker of the Year award. There goes THAT life long dream! Oh well. NEXT!

So my birthday is rolling around the corner here and I am sooo not looking forward to it. As I absent mindedly complained to Lace, for some reason 30 just seems to get closer every year. I get the 'are you shitting me look' and she says, "Is that how this works? Every year we get older?" AH! I'm going senial already. I'm bitching about 28 here, I don't know if I'll make it to 30, and if I do if I'll even remember it....Speaking of birthdays. I feel like I should be scared not knowing what's going to be given to me by Michelle...haha - the evil grin and laugh I got early was not reassuring! Either way it will be funny and classic. I'll be sure to post the pictures assuming they aren't too embarassing....

Today was one of those days where I really didn't give a crap about too much that was going on around me... Yes, ladies and gentelmen, that's the sign on the door to my cube which I share with Lacey. Can you believe it, they thought it would be a good idea to put best friends in the same space. FOOLS. The sticky note is because apparently the common sense our engineers lack needs to be helped by post its telling them how to operate the door.



♫ I really wanna care.
I wanna feel somethin'.
Let me dig a little deeper:.
No, sorry: nothin'. - Jo Dee Messina ♫

It was pretty much confirmed when I had frozen yogurt for lunch sometimes it's okay to do things out of the norm in order to relax a little. It was much needed by Lace and I. She had the great idea and somehow I got blamed for it...wtf. Oh well, nothing new there. It's how we roll. :)

I try to follow through on everything with Bug and for 98% of the time I'm pretty good, but I know as much as I want my child to follow rules I also want him to know how to break them and suffer the consequences. I wasn't one to think outside of the box until lately. It makes me look back and wonder how did I survive the last 27 years? Bug needs to know how to do what I didn't growing up - think outside the box. He's a very smart kid and he puts things together very quickly. I can't wait to see what troubles he starts causing as the years come by.


It has been raining so much lately, and it's been amazing to have such rain (even if SoCal drivers suck more than normal driving in it). The sunsets have been breath taking.

♫ You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed, sing like bird
Dizzy in my head, spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Ohh, you make me smile - Uncle Kracker ♫




1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA um you won't be able to post pictures of the actual part of the present I was referring to unless you put an adult content warning on your blog lol. I will let you use the blurred pictures I make for the tutorial for the gift on my LOL. OF course I would use your birthday present as a blog post, but not til next week =).

    Hint it involves inappropriate language.

    ReplyDelete