Sunday, October 24, 2010

Harvest Festival

Bug went to his dad today. BOO. I hate having to let Bug go and it makes me sad when I don't have him. The brightside - I get him one day early this week thanks to my birthday being on Tuesday. Hopefully we will all be well enough to do something.

I have recruited Auntie Michelle to help with Bug's costume and I'm thinking a Lego. Maybe if we make it purple it will be more appealing to him. That's right, I said it, PURPLE. As I told Beth today, I am not one of those people who will restrict their son or daughter for liking a color that is not 'acceptable' by society. Society does not rule this household and if my Bug wants his favorite color to be purple they by golly - purple it is!



Speaking of Halloween we need to go out and get our pumpkin to carve. We already have one to carve:



Yeah, you're gonna have to turn your head for this one. I'm too lazy to figure out how to turn it.


For those of you with depth perception, especially when the picture is sideways, it's about the size of an apple....do they have tools we can carve with small enough for this pumpkin?? I'm thinking he's going to have to finger paint or use markers on this one!


And today was the annual Harvest Festival with Beth, Elene, Auntie Michelle, and Baby Avery. This is also my time of year I get the yearly Christmas ornament. Bug and I have a tradition where we get a ornament every year for our Christmas Tree. Yes, I know it's early, but oh well, get over it. Our Christmas tree will be up the week of Thanksgiving - I am a HUGE fan of my Christmas tree. It may not look like one of those fancy ones, but all the ornamtents are on one level because of Bug. Fine by me. I of course have the standard Texas ornaments: Astros and Longhorns. Last year Bug and I got a cowboy boot for our annual ornament.

This year:


Can't wait for the tree or Christmas!!

Unlike Auntie Michelle's neighbors who already have a wreath in the window...which surprisingly didn't shock me too much. They do have a palm tree they just cut in the front lawn, and in all honesty, it looks like a fallic symbol. I'll take a picture next time just because it makes me giggle everytime I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment