Monday, December 6, 2010

Chin up, Kid

♫ You got to keep on keepin on
You got to keep your head up high
You gotta work with what you've got
And someday you will flyyyyy ♫

There are days I want to throw in the towel - today being one of them. From love - to faith - to hope. I just don't get the way life works some times and why things are the way they are. I can't stand the sayings, 'it is what it is', 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', 'if it's meant to be it's meant to be'...what the hell happened to being able to be in control of life and guiding it the way you wanted it to go?

My daddy doesn't talk too often, he usually says hi and passes the phone on to my mom, but the times I need him the most he is there for me. Growing up, crying wasn't really an option. He always told me, 'chin up, kid. Crying isn't going to get you anwhere.' Yup - the wise words rang again this time around. Somehow they made me feel better.

I have a hard time with letting things be. I am not a fan of the unexpected. I do not believe there is a higher power out there with a plan for me, but I do believe that Karma comes around. Now the being patient part will be the part that kills me...

I would like to think I am a patient person with a big heart. Lately I feel that patience running thing and my heart becoming more skeptical and less tolerant of bullshit.

My new goal in life...


Deep breath...it will all be okay, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment