Friday, December 31, 2010

Ringing in the new year...

Like there is not other.

At home with the Bug. ☺ I wouldn't want it any other way. (Well okay, maybe 2% of me can think of other things I would want to be doing, but not enough to do a damn thing about it.)


So here's where every one makes a resolution for a new year. I've come to the conclusion in my wise old age...all 28 years, that if you have to make a resolution only once a year - either you have life figured out or you are just too damn lazy to make goals for yourself more than once a year. I'll let you decide which one applies to you.

I do not make resolutions. I just take life in stride and make modifications where it applies.

Through the year I have encountered ups and downs and life can go no where but up from here. You know that saying, when life hands you lemons cut them up and take shots...wait a minute, something's not right there. That's the weekend motto. ☺ When life hands you lemons make lemonade. Sounds a bit better and quenches your thirst at the same time.

To the family and friends who have helped me turn over a new chapter in my life thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul for being the best support anyone could have ever asked for. Learning how to be a single mom has provided nothing but entertainment, a few more gray hairs, learning how to be carefree, and how to raise a boy.


I think some of my favorite boy moments have been where Corbin tells me as I walk into the bathroom saying, "Mommy, don't forget to wipe your weiner!" I'm sorry...WHAT? Or when he plays with his toy from Aunty Dawn. The toy tells him "You'll do better next time" and he gets SOOOO excited and yells "MOMMY! I will do better next time! Good job for me!"



Can I keep the Bug at three? He's perfect at cuddling but being independent. Guess I have to just let him be and take the next step in raising a boy. Now where did I leave that manual?

Here's to a new year and being bold.

♫ And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons
I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now! ♫
So with the new year crawling it's way to the West Coast the Bug and I wish you happiness and let the new year bring you happiness in every aspect of your life.

1 comment: