Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bittersweet endings...

♫ There's not a mean bone in my body
I never could be unkind
I know we're not talking
But there's something on my mind
It ain't righteous indignation
I don't plan to rant or rave
No need for us to fight and fuss
I just want to say

Have a nice rest of your life without me
I'll be proud to be a part of your history
If it makes you happy honey
Keep talking bad about me
And have a nice rest of your life without me - Randy Travis ♫

Well it's done. Signed, sealed, and delivered. I am officially divorced. About damn time. Only took 1 year and 7 months....dear Lord.

I honestly don't know if I would have been able to do this without my family and friends. I have never had a more awesome support system. This whole process has been full of  bittersweet moment because I have lost good friends and learned who my true ones are. Those who have stuck by my side through the thick and thin and the complete ups and downs.

A lot of this hasn't sunk in just yet. I'm still processing everything. I have my moments of 'YES. I win, this is over' to 'This is not how I wanted this to end'. I guess in this case that's natural and that's just how it goes. It is what it is (I swear I was just bitching about this phrase), these are the cards I have been dealt and from here I move forward. I love you my support system for all the times you've let me bitch, to being my shoulder to cry on, and to making me laugh at life and letting me know that everything will be okay.

So here's to opening a new chapter in my life as I sign off on the old one. A toast....to me and officially starting a new beginning.


♫ Somebody's gonna give you a lesson in leaving
Somebody’s gonna give you back what you been givin’
And I hope that I’m around
To watch’em knock you down
It’s like you to love ‘em and leave ‘em
Just like you loved me and left me
It’s like you to do that sort of thing
Over and over again
You’re a fool hearted man

I hear you’ve been asking about me
From some of my friends
But you better believe I’m not going
Through that again
You’re the kind of man
A women thinks she can change
Oh but the only thing changing
Is my way of thinking
And I’m thinking that maybe someday ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment